Many small business today are finally embracing the internet and creating a website but unfortunately many are also DIY building them. It is a great cost saving idea but know that Weebly, Wix, Squarespace, are all ‘rental’ website builders – similar to leasing a vehicle but without the ability to purchase. Most businesses that try these website builders out ultimately end up hiring a professional because of improper design, not being optimized, development limitations and most importantly – never being updated on a weekly basis. Don’t sink to the bottom of Google! Your website is the bread and butter of your business online, put your best foot forward and invest in your future!
Below are 10 things that you can do to improve your website & increase the leads it generates:
1. Prominent Contact Information: Convert your current visitors, don’t make your visitors find your contact info! Spoon feed them.
2. Be Mobile Friendly: Ensure your website is responsive in design. A consistent user experience is key!
3. Design with SEO in mind: SEO needs to be the heart of your website. With solid SEO, you’re only hurting yourself.
4. Write blog articles with reader benefits: Give your website users actionable ideas. This is proven, give them the goods!
5. Ensure forms are truly simple to fill out: Concise and simplistic forms are the best. Make sure they’re mobile friendly!
6. White space is good – use it: Don’t clutter your real estate, keep it clean. Simplistic websites are here to stay!
7. Ditch the stock photos: Stock photos are the 90’s, upgrade with custom photos today. Make sure they’re clear and professional!
8. Have a GREAT offer: Sign up for a Maintenance packages by 5/1/2016 and we’ll give you a month for free – SERIOUSLY!
9. Be analytical: Websites are numbers oriented… Know what works and what doesn’t. Install Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools!
10. Regularly update your website: YOU DON’T forget about changing your vehicle’s oil. So don’t forget to update your website EVERY week!